Thursday 21 December 2017

Winter Solstice in Fog

DSC_1269-001

DSC_1268-001

2017-12 mobil

This morning it was all grey and foggy outside my windows, and I didn’t think I’d get to see the Winter Solstice sun at all. It’s been thawing and raining on and off all week. Many streets and walkways are bare now; but still some snow and ice left on others. I took the bus into the city centre for a couple of errands; but didn’t bring my camera. Sometimes I still forget how much the winter climate can shift even from one part of town to another. I had my mobile, though, so when the sun unexpectedly showed up after all, and played its magic with the fog, I couldn’t resist - of course!


Weekend Reflections

+

MY TOWN SHOOT OUT

8 comments:

  1. The fog really does make everything magical. This reminds me of the very short poem by Carl Sandberg:

    The fog comes
    on little cat feet.

    It sits looking
    over harbor and city
    on silent haunches
    and then moves on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fog often does feel like that, doesn't it... softens everything... ;)

      Delete
  2. They are beautiful pictures, Monica! The atmosphere is very special, isn't it, when fog is lit up by the sun.
    Here, it was grey all day, no sunshine made it through, and it rained all afternoon and evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll probably have more rain than snow here for Christmas - and I'm not too sorry about that, if it also means that the streets stay bare rather than icy...

      Delete
  3. Having just returned from a Sweden trip I can not only appreciate your images but also the sun shining through the clouds right now.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love seeing things through light fog, do not like driving in it like i have the past 3 mornings though. lovely pics

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...