Monday 13 February 2017

Here Comes The Sun

We’ve been having a rather “dull” winter here this year. Of course there have been subtle varieties: Sometimes frosty and icy grey; sometimes grey wet and windy; and sometimes just plain grey… But not really tempting my camera.

Today, finally, the sky looked a bit more cheerful!

So I went for a walk into town; and took these photos with my phone on the way back.

170213-2

Thin, thin ice on parts of the river after a week or two of temperatures below freezing point.

170213-3

More new buildings rising close to the river near the city center. It’s been a few weeks since I last walked that way, so a few more floors had been added to the ones under construction (those in the middle, furthest away from the camera).

170213-4

I turned my back to the apartment blocks and looked down at the reflection of the sun in the water instead… And a little bit of white snowy ice just along the shore near the jetty.

And some ducks came flying in and landed with a big splash in the water, singing…  

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun,…

Listen: YouTube (George Harrison – Here Comes the Sun)

Linking to Mersad’s

Through My Lens

6 comments:

  1. I often find myself humming that song when walking in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous intense blue sky and water! I love that song! George may not have written as much as the others, but his songs were so good! The buildings look like hey may be apartment buildings. I always love seeing what's going on in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ginny, those buildings are apartment buildings. All of condominum kind, I think. For people with lots of money!

      Delete
  3. "Today, the sky looked a bit more cheerful" - that is an understatement if I've ever seen one :-D It's beautiful, brilliant blue!
    We've had that yesterday afternoon, with more sun and much milder temperatures (up to 11C!) being forecast until mid-week. I hope to be able to walk home from work at least once this week, and go for a first run with my friend since she left for her Christmas holidays in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you and the ducks and all the people in your beautiful town are singing here comes the sun. I love the light on the thin ice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Love the reflections. The sun always cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...