Friday 30 December 2016

Time for a New Year (Postcards for the Weekend)

161116 GB-836775

GB-836775 – from Great Britain, November 2016

MacMillan Alice_001 by Sir John Tenniel

From the MacMillan Alice 150 Years collection
(100 Postcards from Wonderland)
Illustration by Sir John Tenniel, coloured by Diz Wallis

…the Rabbit actually took a watch out of
its waistcoat pocket, and looked at it…

I did buy this box of postcards with the intention to use them;
but
I haven’t yet sent any of them… Maybe next year??

Not much time left of 2016 when I write this. Tomorrow is New Years Eve, and I will be busy most of the day preparing for my traditional party for a handful of friends in the evening.

So I think I shall have to save my Looking Back and Looking Forward thoughts until 2017; and for now I just wish you all

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Weekend Linky Party:

20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and may the next year be a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best year ever, Monica! Love the White Rabbit and the drawer full of time! I have been rather negligent in mailing my cards, what with Christmas, but am getting ready to mail some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your New Year's Eve party with friends, Monica! I remember your description from last year and really liked the sound of it.
    There will be 7 of us tonight at my sister's, just my parents, O.K. and I, plus one of my sister's friends and the same friend of my mother's who always celebrates Christmas Eve with us. We'll be eating Fondue, drinking champagne, playing a game or two and then watch the fireworks above town from the balcony.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your party and have a super 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of the white rabbit, good choice. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that illustration from Alice in Wonderland a lot :)

      Delete
  6. they might be to cool to mail and you have to keep them. love the White Rabbit and that British clock is really nice. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them will probably find their way somewhere at some point... But some might just end up staying where they are! :)

      Delete
  7. I hope your traditional party went well, Monica! Thanks for sharing these clock cards, both are very nice! I'm so grateful for all the postcards you've shared for the linky and the lovely comments you've left in my page for 2016. I wish to continuously have your participation in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, we had a very nice evening. And thanks for hosting the Postcards for the Weekend and giving me a "reason" to share some nice cards here on the blog :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing these nice postcards! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The White Rabbit had to appear if we speak on time :D
    I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...