Thursday 4 June 2015

FMTSO: The View from the Window

CIMG4360

This time of year, when I sit at my kitchen table and look out the window, I hardly see anything but greenery outside. The far-off buildings are hidden by the foliage (and the nearby one by the curtain).

CIMG4469

In winter I see farther, and can also sometimes enjoy beautiful sunrises from the same spot.

CIMG2183

CIMG8403

CIMG7918

Actually the view from this window was one of the things I “fell for” on my very first visit to look at this flat, in early spring, just over seven years ago. (The photo below was taken on that occasion. I did not know then if I would get the flat, but asked if I could take some pictures to help in my own decision process.)

DSCN0716x

Friday My Town: The View from the Window

11 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is lovely, no matter the time of year. And it is something you and I have in common: We love the view from our kitchen windows, and like you, I can watch sunrises from mine.
    All that fruit on the table.. yummm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to have morning sun in the kitchen, isn't it, Meike! The fruit... Since my supermarket started offering online orders and home deliveries back in November last year, I have made use of that twice a month or so. This photo was taken just after one such delivery. I like fruit and when I don't have to worry about carrying heavy bags I can indulge myself a bit :)

      Delete
  2. Those are really varied views from your window. Each is unique and beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Friday My Town Shoot Out.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a view does make life so different from being hemmed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Graham. Mine can't compare to yours, of course... ;) But for a town view it's rather peaceful.

      Delete
  4. you already know how much I love your window, the view outside and inside... love the yellow and fruit for summer... gorgeous views no matter what time of the year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I did have your other recent comment on my window in mind when I did this post.

      Delete
  5. We're just home from vacation and I'm way behind in Blog reading. It is indeed a lovely view from your window. Whenever we house hunt we always consider location as much as the house, you can change the house to suit you, the view is forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Janet - even if one can't always be sure about the view remaining unchanged... (There is, for example, the new highrise building on the horison now. But on the other hand, the trees just outside my windows have grown, and hide more of the other far-off buildings now in summer!)

      Delete
  6. my plants are like yr plants now, skeleton showing the "bones" and fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...