Tuesday 10 February 2015

Teaser Tuesday (Feb 10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

“I wish to God the Diamond had never found its way into this house!” I broke out.
Sergeant Cuff looked with a rueful face at the three chairs on which he had condemned himself to pass the night.
”So do I,” he said, gravely.

Wilkie Collins – The Moonstone (1868)

3 comments:

  1. It has been around a long time, I guess there are lots of editions. Each of these covers are good, I like the third one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like reading Wilkie Collins and I think of his work that I've read so far The Moonstone is my favourite - hope you are enjoying it :)

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Collins since I was too young to probably truly get it. Thanks for the reminder that I'll need to start some serious re-reads!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...