Thursday 22 August 2013

Thursday Flowers–WITH butterflies

CIMG6326-001

In a recent post I remarked on the lack of butterflies this year. Today when I visited the same little park again, I was pleased to see not just af few, but A LOT of “Brimstones” – Gonepteryx rhamni. I assume they must be a newborn brood (or whatever the correct terminology may be for butterflies). By the way, I prefer the Swedish name for them – “citronfjäril” = Lemon Butterfly.

CIMG6332-001

CIMG6318-001

They seem to love these blue flowers in particular, but they tried climbing the cone flowers too.

CIMG6354-001

CIMG6339-001

7 comments:

  1. magnificent, the butterflies and the flowers. i like that first photo, and that proves they are indeed flying flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the butterflies have returned for you....they complement your flower photos beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are wonderful!! And gorgeous and beautiful! I can recognize the cone flowers, but what are the beautiful blue ones? The butterfly looks like a leaf. The first picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Monica. Second brood I suspect because they are a very early butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful picture!
    in Germany, too, we call them "Zitronenfalter".
    over here they have become very rare, though. sad to say ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Swedish name for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are they the same ones as our German Zitronenfalter, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...