Sunday 6 November 2011

(PS) P for Pardon …

CIMG5374

… me, but I think I may have been wrong in my presumption earlier in the week about this being the foundation for some sort of pavillion or club house in the park … (see my ABC Wednesday post for the letter P) … When I passed the place again on Friday, I noted that a park bench had been added in a position which does not really promote the idea that the structure is supposed to grow into a building with walls and roof …

I’m not sure what to think now! Pétanque, perhaps? Winking smile
(Called boule here; and more commonly played than croquet.)

I guess I shall have to patiently wait until spring to be sure.

7 comments:

  1. it must be a place to play some kind of game, or maybe a garden to sit and stare at? I am voting a game. can't wait to find out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you have me really curious!!! I hope we don't have to wait till spring to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid that if it is not going to be a building, it is not likely that much more will be happening until the other side of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Yes, I think you are right. It looks about the right size for Pétanque and that sort of goes hand in hand with croquet. I hope it is Pétanque, that would cement my view that you live in a very civilised city. But how I would justify that comment is beyond me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A raised flower bed? It's all quite fascinating but I'd like to knoiw where the trees ended up and that they survived the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it's surely going to be a pétanque terrain. It is the right size. Am I correct in saying that it has a compacted gravel surface. Unfortunately it's only big enough for one game at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the word 'terrain' GB, I did not know the terminology. Yes it has also been filled with compact gravel since the first time I saw it. I'll be thinking of it as a pétanque terrain for now then - unless something else turns up to contradict that! The thing is we already have a 'double' pétanque terrain in the park/ playground area in among the buildings where I live (that one allowing two games at the same time). It's only about 5 min walk between the two parks which makes me wonder a bit. But I guess the one here belongs to our particular housing estate, whereas the other one will be public domain.

    Well I guess that just confirms Pauline's idea that we must be a very civilised city indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...