Friday 24 June 2011

Midsummer Eve

CIMG1159-1

I woke up early to a grey sky but no rain.
I walked into town and took the bus out of town to Nowhere.

CIMG1134-1

(Intet = nothing or nowhere)
(I love getting off the bus here)

CIMG1191

I walked through the woods down to the lake,
where on this chilly morning I had the whole beach to myself.

CIMG1224-2

Well – almost…

CIMG1260

And from there through the birch wood…

CIMG1350-1

… to the House…

… where I spent a couple of hours thinking, remembering …
and taking photos to help me continue doing the same at home.

The watercolour was painted by me in the garden in the mid 90’s.

 

4 comments:

  1. Monica, that first picture is one of the prettiest you've ever posted. And you are so talented with the painting...didn't your father paint? I have a picture of a painting I saved, and I'm thinking it's his?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Ginny, my father did not paint. My maternal grandfather did though, and my mother had a bit of artistic talent too. My father was an engineer and he had a more "technical" mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful where you live and you share it so nicely with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a change of scene. I don't recall seeing a painting of yours before. But you know what a bad memory I have.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...