Monday 28 February 2011

Macro View That Makes A Difference

DSCN2038-1
“Birds view” from decorated window at the Textile Museum.
for Macro Monday at Lisa’s Chaos
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
~ William Jones ~
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
William Jones who? The mathematician? The philologist? The anthropologist? Admiral or soldier? British, US or New Zealand politician? Man on the street? Blogger? Sorry. I have no idea!!! I just saw the quote somewhere – probably in the gadget in my sidebar – and added it in my notebook… Whoever the man was who said it… I like the double twist of the quote. One of those you can chew on for a good while. (Er? But? Hmm. Yes. Or?)
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
My thoughts with this photo and quote go to New Zealand, to the people living in or otherwise affected by the earthquakes in Christchurch: May you be able to hold on and get ‘a new grip’ and once more rebuild your future, even if vision may seem blurry and confused right now. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
If you did not already read my post from last Tuesday: Lace, Punch Cards and the World Wide Web, there are some related thoughts there. I refer you back instead of repeating them again.
 
One thing the news of the earthquake in NZ made me do was to ask myself if I know where blogging friends live. The answers vary between exact address (only a few) to not even being sure of the country. What’s more, on my Blogger dashboard list, it happens that I find myself staring at some title, unable to connect blog with blogger. (I suspect others may have the same problems with mine!) Comes from adding quite a few new ones lately that I’ve come across participating in various ‘memes’. 
 
So I spent some time this week on updating my ‘blog rolls’. One advantage of the sidebar gadgets (compared to the dashboard list) is that there I’m able to add a bit to the standard info; giving my memory a bit more to hold on to about who’s who.
 
One of the links I recently added goes to Fi at Four Paws and Whiskers in Christchurch, NZ. A blogger I’ve not been following on a regular basis, but yet familiar from the comment sections of other friends’ blogs. Familiar enough that I did remember her location; so when I heard of the earthquake I thought of her.
 
She has been been doing some really admirable reporting this past week, in the midst of chaos. A living example of acting as if what you do makes a difference. It does make a difference! I’d call some of her posts a “macro” view of the situation – focusing on detail in a way that gives a better understanding of the whole.

7 comments:

  1. How did you add those descriptions on your sidebar blog roll?? They are fabulous!! I didn't know you could do that! Now I want to, I have mine written in a notebook, too big and clumsy to have to refer to each time. I love this picture, you just continue to get better and amaze me. I don't think I would have thought of snapping this, but you have an artist's eye. The Christchurch thing is just awful, and many people were there from other countries, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, I think you have the same sidebar Blog List that I have. If you click to edit it you will see that to the right of each blog name you have the alternative "rename". Click on that and you'll be able to make your own alterations to the original info, like adding the signature of the blogger. (I've of course only added info available from the blog or profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful view out the window

    ReplyDelete
  4. fogot to say, good idea on the locations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post quote and subject, Monica. Vary appropriate in the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful shot through a lovely window.

    My heart goes out to all those affected by the earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reflection adds so much! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...